Happy Nutrition Month 2019!
National Nutrition Month is celebrated each year during the month of March to focus our attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating habits.
Rather than developing a theme for this year’s National Nutrition Month, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics if focusing on 10 key messages about health, nutrition and physical activity that Americans can follow all year long:
- Discover the benefits of a healthy eating style.
- Choose foods and drinks that are good for your health.
- Include a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups on a regular basis.
- Select healthier options when eating away from home.
- Be mindful of portion sizes. Eat and drink the amount that’s right for you.
- Keep it simple. Eating right doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Make food safety part of your everyday routine.
- Help to reduce food waste by considering the foods you have on hand before buying more at the store.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Consult the nutrition experts. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized nutrition advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and health-related needs. Find a Registered Dietitian Nutritionists in your community today!
Choosing nutritious foods and getting enough physical activity can make a real difference in your health. Try to incorporate these tips and resources into your daily life this month.