June 7, 2021
Masterpiece Barber School
3510 E. Bonanza Rd., Ste. 150
Las Vegas, NV 89110
44% of black men have some form of heart disease. Join the conversation as we address the impact of heart disease among black men.
Shop Talk, presented by the Barbershop Health Outreach Project (BSHOP) will feature a panel of experts in the field of health and wellness. Join the conversation moderated by Will Rucker, host of KCEP 88.1’s Healthier Tomorrow Show.
Space is limited. RSVP to attend in person, or stream the conversation LIVE on Facebook.com/gethealthyclarkcounty.
Questions? Please contact Amineh Harvey at email@example.com.
- How to lower your risk for heart disease and stroke
- How to control and manage your blood pressure
- How stress is a contributing factor
- How distrust in the health care system can impact preventable health care
- How physical activity and nutrition improves heart health
Featured Guest Panelists
- Dr. Bennett E. Mitchell, M.D., FAAFP, FAIHQ — Medical Director Occupation/Employee Health Patient Safety Officer, Associate Medical Director/QA, QI, Southwest Medical Associates
- Dr. James E. Mock — Board-certified founder of Westside Cardiology providing the best comprehensive care for heart health. “It’s your heartbeat…and we’re here to keep it going strong.”
- Victor B. Cohen — Former Professional Athlete and an Award-Winning Fitness Expert with over 24 years of experience. Victor has trained over 10k clients in his fitness career. He has a proven track record for helping adults reach their fitness goals and empowering the youth through his non-profit organization. A Former Fitness Expert for Power 88.1 Radio Show Las Vegas, NV.
- Jamerson Holloway, BSN, RN
- Darnell Harvey — Owner of Blade Masters Barbershop
Supported by the NV DPBH through CDC Grant Number 5 NU58DP006538-03.
Contents are the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of DPBH or the CDC.