Move more. Sit less.
Our entire modern world makes it a whole lot easier to just sit. When at work, we sit at our desk. When driving home, we sit in our cars. When at home, we sit in front of the TV. Studies are showing that prolonged periods of sitting are not good for our health. We need to be moving more throughout the day! Less Sitting! More Moving! Here are some tips to get you up and moving throughout the day:
– Stand or walking at least once an hour
– If you have the choice, stand rather than sit
– Walk while on the phone
– Instead of sending an email, go deliver the message in person
– Park farther away from the building
– Walk to the farthest restroom in the office
– Walk at lunch
– Don’t use the drive-up window. Park the car and walk to the counter or ATM.
– Multitask while watching TV. Get up and move during commercials.
Try some of these tips and see if you can… Move More! Sit Less!