Tobacco-Free: The Best Gift to Give
Thinking about what gift you can give for Father’s Day? Consider giving the gift of quitting smoking. Whether the gift is you quitting smoking for your family or supporting someone else like your Dad on their cessation journey, making steps towards being tobacco-free can be several gifts in one. Quitting can lead to, having more money in your wallet, more free time and overall better health.
Reasons to Quit:
- More than 8 out of 10 Clark County residents do not smoke.
- One out of every two smokers will die from smoking related diseases.
- The average smoker spends over $2,000 each year on cigarettes.
- Quitting reduces your risk of premature death by 50% within 5 years.
- After 15 years, the risk is the same as if you’d never smoked at all.
For FREE help on your quit journey call the Nevada Tobacco Quitline at 1-800-QUIT NOW (1-800-784-8669) to start your quit journey today. No matter where you are in your path to quitting, take a moment to remember that you’re giving something great: a tobacco-free life.