Soda Free Summer 2018
We are kicking off our annual Soda Free Summer Challenge. The challenge is designed to inspire you to make a lasting commitment to health by reducing or eliminating sweetened beverages over the summer months. The challenge runs from May 28th – August 27th. We invite you to….
Pledge to go soda free or to reduce your soda consumption over the summer!
A little reminder of all the alternatives you can drink instead of soda:
- Water: Try water with added citrus or sliced cucumbers. Always refreshing and is great for the skin. Try some of these great flavored water recipes as well to mix it up a bit!
- 100% fruit juice: A sweet treat full of vitamins and it counts as a serving of fruit. Don’t overdo it though, limit yourself to 6oz.
- Vegetable juice: Packed with flavor; high in vitamins C, A, and potassium and around 50 calories per cup. If possible choose the low sodium versions.
- Non-fat or low-fat milk: High in calcium and protein. You could also try soy milk, rice milk or almond milk.
- Light yogurt and fruit smoothie: Creamy and sweet, high in calcium and only about 170 calories per cup.
- Tea, unsweetened: Get a boost on less than five calories per cup, plus it’s high in antioxidants.
Join us this summer and pledge to drink more water & less soda!