Prescriptions for a Healthy Lifestyle
Poor nutrition, physical inactivity and tobacco use are the leading risk factors for many chronic diseases. The ‘Prescriptions for a Healthy Lifestyle’ program was created to assist health care providers in talking to their patients about healthy lifestyle choices.
These pre-printed ‘prescription’ pads list three lifestyle changes and provide links to other free programs. The pads also refer patients to the "Get Healthy" website, where patients can learn more about physical activity, nutrition, tobacco use and other chronic diseases.
A health care provider ‘prescribes’ one or more of the health behaviors listed on the pad to their patients.
- Physical activity: A general recommendation of 150 minutes of physical activity per week for those who are able, and a referral to the free Walk Around Nevada Program and Neon to Nature programs.
- Nutrition: A general recommendation to eat five cups of fruits and vegetables every day and a referral to the free Nutrition Challenge Program.
- Tobacco Use: Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) for information on a free tobacco quit line.
Order free prescription pads in English by calling (702) 759-1270 or emailing email@example.com. The prescription has been translated into Spanish PDF 339KB and is available for download only.
iDo Prescription Trail Program
The Improving Diabetes and Obesity (iDo) Prescription Trail program has been designed to supplement physicians and other health care providers’ already existing interventions used to treat patients with obesity and/or diabetes.
The program is intended to assist health care providers in their efforts to encourage at risk patients to begin or maintain a physically active life style, which includes regular exercise and a healthy diet.
- The participating health care provider will receive Prescription Trail pads supplied at no cost by iDo. The Prescription Trail pads are printed in both English PDF 70KB and Spanish. PDF 71KB
- The physician encourages the patient to begin an exercise program and access the Get Healthy Clark County Online Programs like Walk Around Nevada and Neon To Nature. The Get Healthy program contact information is noted on the prescription.
For additional information contact Kenneth Osgood, M.D., M.P.H., iDo Prescription Trail Program Coordinator at (702) 228-2569.