Biking in Southern Nevada
Benefits of Biking
Biking can be a fun and healthy opportunity for fitness and transportation. This is true whether it’s biking to work or visiting a friend. But the benefits stretch beyond health – biking can help reduce traffic congestion, enhance your quality of life and save you money.
There are many things going on in Clark County to make is safer and easier for you to use your bike!
Currently in Clark County there are over 280 miles of bike lanes with plans to add 115 more miles in the next few years. Learn more about our bike lane efforts in the video below.
Download the RTC’s Bike Map Brochure.
RTC Bike Center
The RTC Bike Center is located at 101 E. Bonneville Ave, inside Bonneville Transit Center (BTC), in downtown Las Vegas. They provide the following services:
- Free bike parking for 75 bikes at a time.
- Bathrooms, showers, lockers and unlimited bike repairs with an annual $60 premium access (see below for further info).
- Same-day and while-you-wait bike repairs.
- Bike rentals.
- Bike parts and accessory sales.
- Free events and clinics.
Learn more about the RTC Bike Center in the following video.
Bike Healthy Tips
- Have your bike inspected for safety and mechanical issues at your local bike shop.
- Always wear a helmet to protect your head.
- Ride in the right-most lane that goes in the direction you are traveling.
- Obey all stop signs, traffic lights and lane markings.
- Look before you change lanes or signal a turn; indicate your intention, then act.
- Be visible and predictable at all times: wear bright clothing and signal turns.