There are many things you can do to lower your risk for cardiovascular disease. The first step to reducing your risk for
heart disease and stroke is to know your ABCS:
- Appropriate Aspirin Use: Ask your doctor if aspirin will reduce your risk for heart attacks.
- Blood Pressure Control: By controlling your blood pressure you can reduce your risk for heart disease and stroke. The following tools will help you find places where you can get your blood pressure checked at no cost.
- The Lifeclinic website lists many retail and pharmacy store locations to check blood pressure in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, Mesquite, Boulder City, and Pahrump.
- Here are some tools to help you manage your high blood pressure.
- Cholesterol Management: Your health care professional can help advise you on ways you can lower your cholesterol levels if they are high. Here are some tips and resources that may also be beneficial.
- Smoking Cessation: Smokers have twice the risk of heart attack as nonsmokers. Visit the Smoking Cessation Resources webpage to learn more. Once you stop smoking, your risk for heart attack and stroke declines each year.
Consumer Tools to Assess Cardiovascular Health
Healthcare Provider Resources
Find more national resources visit the Million Hearts website